Friday, February 27, 2015

Unspoken - Bury the Workman

Micah turned on his tablet today to play some songs while we were straightening up.  He plugged it into some speakers and we happily hummed along as we got our work done.  He's been listening to a new group, Unspoken, and I don't know many of the songs yet.  When the song "Bury the Workman" came on he said "mom, that's exactly what we've been reading in our Bible this week."  Sure enough it was about the disciples in the book of Acts - Stephen, Peter, ... and their dedication to spreading their witness account of Jesus - no matter what.
Speaking of Unspoken, last week he brought in to me a song he had written out.  His spelling is still quite phonetic and so he asked me if I could tell what it said.  (I, personally, enjoy reading his invented spelling and can read it very well.)  I said "yes".  He said "I'd like to play the song for you.  I really like it."  He played "My Recovery".  He was so excited to share.  He sang as he pointed to the words on the page, strumming to the beat.  It was so beautiful to hear what touches him.  Yes, I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment